This design was my husband’s idea. He sketched it out like he thought it should be. I already had some awesome artwork perfect for the hat. It was a bit of a challenge for me to digitize but I enjoyed pushing my skills to make it.
Honestly, it turned out far better than I thought I could do. So I expanded the idea making a quiltering design just for it that says 1920 2020 repeatedly. After adding its special quilting I decided I would try my hand at adding the decorative panels on the background wall, also part of the artwork. That really finished the design IMO! I couldn’t be happier with how this turned out.
The lettering is the last 4 thread changes. So it is easy to eliminate them, make them whatever colors you desire, or sew just the words you want to use.
There are 5 designs total – Two 5 inch, Two 6 inch, and One 8 inch
- Madeira Polyneon #40 embroidery threads in the top. Thread numbers also listed with thread changes below
- Wonderfil #80 prewound bobbin for all the projects *
- Size12 topstitch needle for all projects
- Pellon ShirTailor fusible stabilizer for non quilted projects
- Quilter’s Dream fusible quilt batting – 1 layer for quilted projects
- Heavy weight soft tear away stabilizer – 1 layer for all projects
* Wonderfil bobbin threads are fine weight.. For this reason using them makes designs much less dense. With a lower top tension it nearly disappears on the backside. Plus designs like this that are almost all tatami fill, are softer because they are a lot less dense.
All Designs Details
I’ve gotta have 19th Amendment 5 inch designs!
I’ve gotta have 19th Amendment 6 inch designs!
I’ve gotta have 19th Amendment 8 inch design!
I’ve gotta have all 19th Amendment 5, 6, & 8 inch designs!
On Sale for all 3 sets
Artwork (c) Jaguar Woman