Free With Purchase
- Free With Purchase of $5.00
- Don’t add it to your cart
- When the cart reaches the $5. threshold a pop up will appear about a free gift.
- If it doesn’t do this automatically, refresh the page
- In the upper left corner of the image is a little box.
- Click the image to tick that box with a check mark
- Accept the gift. It will be added to your cart with zero amount
These designs are quite versatile in that they can be used several different ways:
- They can be sewn on fabric sewing just the frame and lettering
- They can be sewn on fabric sewing the frame, lettering, and the lace fill
- They can be sewn on towels or other similar fabrics using the lace fill for the embossing before the rest of the design sews. (See my white towel with Turquoise embroidery.)
- They are FSL – Sew the whole design using the letter of your choice or without the letter
- It can be used for Cutwork Lace. After washing out the water soluble stabilizer, the FSL can be appliqued to fabric by zig zag around the outside border of the lace. Then cut away the fabric from behind it for cutwork lace.
What’s Included in the I collection
5 Designs total:
- 4-inch round design
- 5-inch oval design
- 4-inch oval design (same as the 5-inch just rotated in the hoop)
- Small letter (not fsl on it’s own)
- Large letter (not fsl on it’s own)
The lace is firm but not thick. It will hold it’s shape even after all the water soluble stabilizer has been washed out. No stiffening is needed. I think you will not be disappointed with the quality of these designs.
Sew just the letter on a hankie or place mat . . . That’s why I’ve included them separately, for your convenience, a large and a small letter. These 2 letters are NOT free standing lace on their own.
Notions I Used
For best results use the notions I used
- Vilene water-soluble stabilizer for the lace – just one layer is needed
- Madeira Polyneon #40 embroidery threads in the top for all projects
- Wonderfil #80 pre-wound bobbins for all the projects *
- Size-12 topstitch needle for all projects
- Medium weight, soft tear-away stabilizer, 2 layers for projects sewn on fabric
- Medium weight, soft tear-away stabilizer, 1 layer for projects on towels
*A Few Notes about Wonderfil Bobbin Threads
- Wonderfil bobbin threads are fine weight.
- For this reason using them makes designs much less dense.
- With a lower top tension it nearly disappears on the backside.
- I used a cream color bobbin on my lace designs. You have to look close to see it.
- I love this feature because it makes the lace reversible without having to switch out the bobbin color to match what is sewing on the top.
YES! I WANT MY ADORNMENT LACE – I
What do I use, you ask?
“When I see the elaborate study and ingenuity displayed by women in the pursuit of trifles, I feel no doubt of their capacity for the most herculean undertakings.”
– Julia Ward Howe