This design is FREE with purchase of $5.00 or more for 1 week when the next letter is posted~
This letter will then be for sale in the $3.99 Shoppe
Do NOT add it to your cart.
This design will be automatically added to your cart when the $5. threshold is reached
This week Dee sewed the design on water soluble stabilizer for free-standing lace.
These designs are quite versatile in that they can be used several different ways:
- They can be sewn on fabric sewing just the frame and lettering
- They can be sewn on fabric sewing the frame, lettering, and the lace fill
- They can be sewn on towels or other similar fabrics using the lace fill for the embossing before the rest of the design sews. (See my white towel with Turquoise embroidery.)
- They are FSL – Sew the whole design using the letter of your choice or without the letter
- It can be used for Cutwork Lace. After washing out the water soluble stabilizer, the FSL can be appliqued to fabric by zig zag around the outside border of the lace. Then cut away the fabric from behind it for cutwork lace.
What’s Included in the C collection
10 page pdf with pictures and detailed instructions
5 Designs total:
- 4-inch round design
- 5-inch oval design
- 4-inch oval design (same as the 5-inch just rotated in the hoop)
- Small letter (not fsl on it’s own)
- Large letter (not fsl on it’s own)
Just So You Know
- The first letter was W because that is what all my sew outs have and it’s my last name – smiles. I sewed all of the W methods myself so I know they sew well.
- When a letter is released it will be a free gift with the purchase of $5. US or more
- After 7 days it will be available for sale in the $3.99 Shoppe.
- And a new letter will be available as a free gift with the purchase of $5. US or more.
- To add a bit of fun I will not be releasing these in sequential order. We’re going to jump around a bit.
If there is a letter you want done sooner rather than later email me
The lace is firm but not thick. It will hold it’s shape even after all the water soluble stabilizer has been washed out. No stiffening is needed. I think you will not be disappointed with the quality of these designs.
Sew just the letter on a hankie or place mat . . . That’s why I’ve included them separately, for your convenience, a large and a small letter. These 2 letters are NOT free standing lace on their own.
Notions I Used
For best results use the notions I used
- Vilene water-soluble stabilizer for the lace – just one layer is needed
- Madeira Polyneon #40 embroidery threads in the top for all projects
- Wonderfil #80 pre-wound bobbins for all the projects *
- Size-12 topstitch needle for all projects
- Medium weight, soft tear-away stabilizer, 2 layers for projects sewn on fabric
- Medium weight, soft tear-away stabilizer, 1 layer for projects on towels
*A Few Notes about Wonderfil Bobbin Threads
- Wonderfil bobbin threads are fine weight.
- For this reason using them makes designs much less dense.
- With a lower top tension it nearly disappears on the backside.
- I used a cream color bobbin on my lace designs. You have to look close to see it.
- I love this feature because it makes the lace reversible without having to switch out the bobbin color to match what is sewing on the top.
YES! I WANT MY ADORNMENT LACE – K