I purchased this artwork some years ago. At the time I wasn’t sure if I could digitize something so detailed and beautiful. A few years later here they are. I’m thrilled with how these have turned out.
The heart contains five messages layered on top of each other. Each message is a different color change. Simply forward through the color changes until the message you want to sew comes up. Omit sewing the other messages. In this way all of the messages are located where they need to be. No guessing about placement.
The messages are:
- Let your heart be your compass
- Yours for all Eternity
- You’re Stuck with Me
- Mon Amour
- All I need is You!
Available in 6 inch and 8 inch sizes. The two are different scales so not interchangeable.
Also available as a collection of both sizes at a discount.
- Madeira Polyneon #40 embroidery threads in the top.
- Wonderfil #80 prewound bobbin for all the projects *
- Size12 topstitch needle for all projects
- Pellon ShirTailor fusible stabilizer
- Heavy weight soft tear away stabilizer – 1 layer for all projects or 2 layers of medium weight
- Applique fabrics – small amounts 8 inches and smaller – I used soft yellow. If using a very dark background fabric and light color applique fabric you may need to use more than one layer of applique fabric. This to prevent the dark background color from showing through. In my case I used black background fabric and yellow applique fabric. Fortunately my yellow fabric was heavy enough the black did not show through.
* Wonderfil bobbin threads are fine weight.. For this reason using them makes designs much less dense. With a lower top tension it nearly disappears on the backside. Plus designs like this that are almost all tatami fill, are softer because they are a lot less dense.
I’ve gotta have Belles Fleurs de Cornouiller 6 inch!
I’ve gotta have Belles Fleurs de Cornouiller 8 inch!
I’ve gotta have Belles Fleurs de Cornouiller All Sizes!
If you like my color scheme, then here’s what you’ll need:
“The vote is the emblem of your equality, women of America, the guarantee of your liberty. That vote of yours has cost millions of dollars and the lives of thousands of women. Money to carry on this work has been given usually as a sacrifice, and thousands of women have gone without things they wanted and could have had in order that they might help get the vote for you. Women have suffered agony of soul which you can never comprehend, that you and your daughters might inherit political freedom. That vote has been costly. Prize it! The vote is a power, a weapon of offense and defense, a prayer. Understand what it means and what it can do for your country. Use it intelligently, conscientiously, prayerfully.”
– Carrie Chapman Catt