I digitized this for a client who wanted one to put on a mola quilt she was making for a friend.
These area available as 5-6 inch collection , 7-8 inch collection, or get them all for a SALE price
~~~Links to purchase these designs are at the bottom of this page ~~~
Blue morphos live in the tropical forests of Latin America from Mexico to Colombia. They have a characteristic vivid blue color and shiny wings that reflect the light, making them easy to spot amidst the jungle canopy. Blue morphos are visible to pilots flying over the rainforest.
Blue Morphos are one of the largest butterflies in the world, measuring around six inches long and with wing spans of up to 8 inches.
All the clear details along the outside edge of the wings is possible by the long jump stitches I added between each white and brown detail that allows you an easy way to clip clean the jumps between them.
Notions I Used
- Sewing on towels use a soft tear away stabilizer – just one layer is needed
- Sewing on regular fabric use 2 layers soft tear away stabilizer.
- For a large pillow type project – Fuse one layer of ShirTailor© to the back of the fabric + fuse one layer of fusible 80/20 Quilter’s Dream fusible batting; hoop it all with one layer of soft tear away on the bottom. This combination will give you a nice smooth pillow top that will stay that way.
- Madeira Polyneon #40 embroidery threads in the top for all projects
- Wonderfil #80 prewound bobbin for all the projects *
- Size12 topstitch needle for all projects
* Wonderfil bobbin threads are fine weight.. For this reason using them makes designs much less dense. With a lower top tension it nearly disappears on the backside.