Links to each collection can be found at the bottom of this page
I’ve been wanting some long tall kitties for a long time. When I ran across this artwork I knew these were it.
These will be great in so many projects. I wanted mine on my tops and tunics. But a quilted banner with all three on the bottom (w/o the lettering) and Cat Lady in the top comes to mind. Includes a Cat Lady Bonus*
Because I wanted these on some very lightweight cotton jersey tunics, I used organza for the applique fabric and 1 lightweight cotton floral print. Almost all of the embroidery is located on the applique fabric with very little on the knit fabric itself. Therefore, I decided to use water soluble stabilizer on top and bottom instead of the usual cut away on the back.
The appliques turned out very soft and drape with the fabric. I thought I would need to add a layer of light weight fusible to the backside to keep the embroidery threads from scratching me but nope, didn’t scratch me. Maybe because of the very fine embroidery bobbin thread I use?
Available in 4 Collections
3 collections – all different designs – with an ‘Everything Collection’ that has all of them
Each individual collection includes the bonus cat lady design
*Included in all sets is the BONUS ‘Cat Lady’ design – just in case you want to make a cat lady quilt banner to go with the Katz.
The Eyes Have It
- Organza Applique Fabric or other lightweight fabric – I used both
- Jersey Needle – size 10 for lightweight knits – This is what I used for my knit tops
- Topstitch Needle – size 12 for woven fabrics
- Water soluble stabilizer 2 pieces (1 top and 1 bottom) to fit the hoop – Aqua film or Badgemaster clear water soluble stabilizer
- Background fabric or garment (woven or knit) – I used very lightweight cotton jersey garments from J Jill
- Wonderfil #80 prewound bobbins or #100 cone bobbin thread
- Madeira Polyneon embroidery threads – I used black, rose pink, and pink. For eyes I used gold, 2 shades of green (about 2 shades apart), two shades of aqua blue (about 2 shades apart), black, and white.
See below for further details.
Diva Katz 9 Inch Collection
Diva Katz 11 Inch Collection
Diva Katz 8×11 Inch Trio Collection
Diva Katz (I want it all) Everything Collection (a 46% Savings)
*Thanks to Mari Martin for a clever name for this collection of ‘katz’.
“People under seventy and over seven are very unreliable if they are not cats.”
― Leonora Carrington, The Hearing Trumpet