~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~Links to purchase these designs are at the bottom of this page ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I made this for everyone who has lost a loved one. You know who you are. You know what this means. I hope this design brings comfort to you or a friend who may benefit from your making it for them.
Thank you Dee Froula for the sentiment and for sewing the largest design and with precision.
Shown below is Dees 13 x 11 inch project using the 7×11 inch designs
- Sew each wing in the 7×11 hoop. Cut out each one 3/8″ outside the rectangular stitch line.
- Sew the two rectangles together like you do quilt blocks.
- Using the center seam line as a guide, hoop it and sew the heart.
- Sewing the heart as an applique covers the seam line so the lettering is not sewn directly onto a seam or seam allowance.
- Use this same process for the 5×7 and 6×10 designs
Shown below is a close up of the top of the 8×8 wing
These designs are available in 4 sizes
- The 8 x 8 inch design is sewn all in a single 8 x 8 inch hoop
- The 5 x 7, 6×10, and 7 x 11 designs are divided into left and right wings sewn into 2 rectangles.
- The rectangles are sewn together much like two quilt blocks.
- It is then hooped and the heart applique is added
The heart is an optional Applique. I added this so it would cover the center seam between the two wings. This would keep the lettering from sewing directly across a seam or seam allowance.
- Finished 5 x 7 design is 182 x 173 mm ( 7.5 x 7 inches)
- Finished 6×10 Design is 253×264 (10 x 10 inches)
- Finished 7 x 11 Design is 324 x 280 (13 x 11 inches)
Shown below is the largest heart
For the applique fabric, Dee used the same fabric as the background fabric for the wings.
It does a great job covering up the seam and seam allowance, preventing the lettering from sewing directly onto the seam line or seam allowance
Shown below is the 8×8 heart
- 100% Cotton Fabric for the background
- (Optional) 1 small piece of fabric for the heart applique
- 5×5 inches for the large heart
- 4×4 inches for the small heart
- 1 layer Pellon ShirTailor fusible stabilizer fused to the backside of the fabric
- Soft tear away stabilizer
- Optional: Quilter’s Dream Fusible stabilizer
- Madeira Polyneon #40 embroidery threads in the top for all projects
- Size12 topstitch needle for all projects
- Wonderfil #80 prewound bobbin for all the projects *
- * Wonderfil bobbin threads are fine weight.. For this reason using them makes designs much less dense. With a lower top tension it nearly disappears on the backside.
Shown below is close up of the top of the 7×11 wing. It has a bit more detail than the 5×7 size
Available in 5×7, 6×10, 7×11, and 8×8
Also, a collection with all sizes (76% Off)
(Sorry no 4 inch available)
“When I see the elaborate study and ingenuity displayed by women in the pursuit of trifles, I feel no doubt of their capacity for the most herculean undertakings.”
– Julia Ward Howe