I made this for everyone who has lost a loved one. You know who you are. You know what this means. I hope this design brings comfort to you or a friend who may benefit from your making it for them.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~Links to purchase these designs are at the bottom of this page ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Thank you Dee Froula for the sentiment and for sewing the largest design and with precision.
Shown below is Dees 13 x 11 inch project using the 7×11 inch designs
- Sew each wing in the 7×11 hoop. Cut out each one 3/8″ outside the rectangular stitch line.
- Sew the two rectangles together like you do quilt blocks.
- Using the center seam line as a guide, hoop it and sew the heart.
- Sewing the heart as an applique covers the seam line so the lettering is not sewn directly onto a seam or seam allowance.
- Use this same process for the 5×7 and 6×10 designs
Shown below is a close up of the top of the 8×8 wing
These designs are available in 4 sizes
- The 8 x 8 inch design is sewn all in a single 8 x 8 inch hoop
- The 5 x 7, 6×10, and 7 x 11 designs are divided into left and right wings sewn into 2 rectangles.
- The rectangles are sewn together much like two quilt blocks.
- It is then hooped and the heart is added
- The heart is an optional Applique. I added this so it would cover the center seam between the two wings. This would keep the lettering from sewing directly across a seam or seam allowance.
- Finished 5 x 7 design is 182 x 173 mm ( 7.5 x 7 inches)
- Finished 6×10 Design is 253×264 (6×6.5)
- Finished 7 x 11 Design is 324 x 280 (13 x 11 inches)
Shown below is the large heart
For the applique fabric, Dee used the same fabric as the background fabric for the wings.
It does a great job covering up the seam and seam allowance, preventing the lettering from sewing directly onto the seam line or seam allowance
Shown below is the 8×8 heart
- 100% Cotton Fabric for the background
- (Optional) 1 small piece of fabric for the heart applique
- 5×5 inches for the large heart
- 4×4 inches for the small heart
- 1 layer Pellon ShirTailor fusible stabilizer fused to the backside of the fabric
- Soft tear away stabilizer
- Optional: Quilter’s Dream Fusible stabilizer
- Madeira Polyneon #40 embroidery threads in the top for all projects
- Size12 topstitch needle for all projects
- Wonderfil #80 prewound bobbin for all the projects *
- * Wonderfil bobbin threads are fine weight.. For this reason using them makes designs much less dense. With a lower top tension it nearly disappears on the backside.
Shown below is close up of the top of the 7×11 wing. It has a bit more detail than the 5×7 size
Thread numbers are Madeira Polyneon #40 weight embroidery thread
- 1770 Dark,
- 1848 Medium
- 1768 light
- 1624 Yellow
- 1725 Gold
- 1522 Purple
- 1712 Lilac
- 1775 med
- 1776 dark
- 1941 medium
- 1817 light
- 1919 medium
- 1974 dark
- 1640 Dark Gray
Available in 8×8 inches, 5×7 inches, 6×10 inches, and 7×11 inches
Also, a collection with all sizes (64% Off)
(Sorry no 4 inch available)
‘My Heart Wasn’t Ready’ 8×8-Inches! – ON SALE
‘My Heart Wasn’t Ready’ 5×7-Inches! – ON SALE
‘My Heart Wasn’t Ready’ 7×11 Inches! – ON SALE
‘My Heart Wasn’t Ready’ – All Sizes 64% Off
What do I use, you ask?
“When I see the elaborate study and ingenuity displayed by women in the pursuit of trifles, I feel no doubt of their capacity for the most herculean undertakings.”
– Julia Ward Howe