ON SALE NOW TO MARCH 21, 2020
‘Add a touch of flair and a bit of dare to your next machine embroidery project, with Prisms le Fleur.’
~~~A link is at the bottom of this page to purchase these designs ~~~
It’s been a long time coming! A sequel to Prisms Amour I made in 2004. I made several projects with those designs back in the day. They are so beautiful! I love looking at them or rather through them.
They have been through numerous washes in the washer and dryer and are still holding up quite well. My husband coined the name prisms for this type design the way that I make them.
With the much larger hoops we are using today I made designs of all sizes and we made projects of all sizes. Back in 2004 most of us were limited to a 4 inch hoop. Progress has been good to those of us in the machine embroidery world these past 16 years.
Prisms le Fleur includes several sizes of designs for most any project whether a small touch of pizazz on a napkin or blouse or larger projects like pillowcases, sheets, table runners. They run anywhere from 4×4 inches to 5×11 inches, with one 11 inch border split in two 4×6 inch sections for smaller hoops
Dee and I have had a grand time making projects with these. Once you get started you can’t quit. Although she did state that sewing them on burlap took a bit more patience to cut out but well worth the effort.
I’ve added several pictures of our projects and the individual designs and details for you to look at located on the product page. So take your time and get a good look.
- Smallest hoop the design will fit into.
- 1 layer vilene
- 1 layer organza
- The background fabric/embroidery blank/pillowcase, garment, etc
- Madeira Polyneon threads – colors of choice
- Wonderfil bobbins – I used charcoal for the purple
- Size 12 top stitch needle
- Optional outline should be the same color as the background fabric
- Green – I used 1770 a medium green
- Flowers require 2 shades. I used 2 shades of purple
- 13 Prism Designs
- Detailed Pictorial PDF:
- How to make prisms
- Sew order for each design
- Design details
- Notions needed
- Washing out water soluble stabilizer completely
- Cutting fabric within the hoop
- Cutting away excess applique fabric
Also visit my Prisms Amour Collection