This product is the H in the collectible series ‘Adornment’
There are 5 designs in this download.
This week Dee sewed the design on Vilene water soluble stabilizer for free standing lace. Then she added it to the corner of a pink napkin she made as cutwork lace.
Just So You Know
- When a letter is released it will be a free gift with the purchase of $5. US or more
- After 7 days it will be available for sale in the $3.99 Shoppe.
- And a new letter will be available as a free gift with the purchase of $5. US or more.
- To add a bit of fun I will not be releasing these in sequential order. We’re going to jump around a bit.
These designs are quite versatile in that they can be used 5 different ways:
- They can be sewn on fabric sewing just the frame and lettering
- They can be sewn on fabric sewing the frame, lettering, and the lace fill (See my blue and white dinner napkin.)
- They can be sewn on towels or other similar fabrics using the lace fill for the embossing before the rest of the design sews. (See my white towel with Turquoise embroidery.)
- They are FSL – Sew the whole design using the letter of your choice or without the letter
- It can be made into cutwork. Simply applique the FSL onto fabric by zig zaging around the outside edge of the design. Then cut away the fabric from behind the lace.
Notions I Used
For best results use the notions I used
- Vilene water-soluble stabilizer for the lace – just one layer is needed
- Madeira Polyneon #40 embroidery threads in the top for all projects
- Wonderfil #80 pre-wound bobbins for all the projects *
- Size-12 topstitch needle for all projects
- Medium weight, soft tear-away stabilizer, 2 layers for projects sewn on fabric
- Medium weight, soft tear-away stabilizer, 1 layer for projects on towels
*A Few Notes about Wonderfil Bobbin Threads
- Wonderfil bobbin threads are fine weight.
- For this reason using them makes designs much less dense.
- With a lower top tension it nearly disappears on the backside.
- I used a cream color bobbin on my lace designs. You have to look close to see it.
- I love this feature because it makes the lace reversible without having to switch out the bobbin color to match what is sewing on the top.