This is a collection of decorative blocks that are easy to sew and have a lot of EYE CANDY details. To see their true beauty, sew them. How does that song go? “Ain’t nothing like the real thing”? Use these for quilt blocks, pillows, runners, table quilts, purses, and such.
Dee used sage green cotton fabric, a creamy pale yellow for the decoration, and various shades of sage green for everything else. We used the premise that the decoration would show up best on a darker color thread background and framed with the darker color as well. The quilting outside the decoration was made light sage to allow the darker sage border show itself.
- Madeira Polyneon #40 embroidery threads on the top.
- Wonderfil #80 prewound bobbin for all the projects *
- Size12 topstitch needle for all projects
- Quilter’s Dream fusible batting
- Heavy weight soft tear away stabilizer – 1 layer for all projects
* Wonderfil bobbin threads are fine weight.. For this reason using them makes designs much less dense. With a lower top tension it nearly disappears on the backside. I love this feature because it makes lace reversible without having to switch out the bobbin color to match what is sewing on the top.
Thread Colors Used
Madeira Polyneon Threads
- 1578 Darker shade sage green
- 1900 Lighter shade sage green
- 1622 Creamy pale yellow