“Wake up little Susie, wake up”
By request ‘Baby’ Susie 4×4 for folks who do not have a hoop large enough for Susie 6×10 or 5×7.
My friend Dee test sewed her for me. She used a wing needle for the blue dress but a regular needle for her eyelet smock and everything else.
She changed the colors a bit so we can tell them apart – smiles
READ MORE ABOUT MY SUN BONNETS IN MY POST
- Medium weight 100% cotton or cotton/linen blend fabric or embroidery blank – I used a table runner embroidery blank of medium weight cotton with a wide hemstitched edge. Wing Needle stitches sew best on natural fabrics where the wing part of the needle can separate the fibers of the fabric. I do not recommend polyester, acrylic, or man made fabrics.
- Medium weight soft tear away stabilizer – I used 2 layers
- Wing Needle – I used size 100 Schmetz. ( Note I sewed this design without a wing needle because so many people ask me how it would look if they were sewn without a wing needle.
- OR a large jeans needle will give the same effect just not as dramatic but still very pretty.
To find out if you can use a wing needle please visit my tutorial.
- Top Stitch Needle – I used size 12 Schmetz
- Machine Embroidery threads #40 weight – colors desired.
Visit my other Sun Bonnet Pages in the Embroidery Shop