The background to this heart is applique. The rest of the designs are not applique
The 6 and 8 inch designs are not interchangeable. The 6 inch designs are all scaled to match each other. All the 8 inch designs are scaled to match each other.
The heart contains five messages layered on top of each other. Each message is a different color change. Simply forward through the color changes until the message you want to sew comes up. Omit sewing the other messages. In this way all of the messages are located where they need to be. No guessing about placement.
The messages are:
- Let your heart be your compass
- Yours for all Eternity
- You’re Stuck with Me
- Mon Amour
- All I need is You!
- Madeira Polyneon #40 embroidery threads in the top.
- Wonderfil #80 prewound bobbin for all the projects *
- Size12 topstitch needle for all projects
- Pellon ShirTailor fusible stabilizer
- Heavy weight soft tear away stabilizer – 1 layer for all projects or 2 layers of medium weight
- Applique fabrics – small amounts 8 inches and smaller – I used soft yellow. If using a very dark background fabric and light color applique fabric you may need to use more than one layer of applique fabric. This to prevent the dark background color from showing through. In my case I used black background fabric and yellow applique fabric. Fortunately my yellow fabric was heavy enough the black did not show through.
* Wonderfil bobbin threads are fine weight.. For this reason using them makes designs much less dense. With a lower top tension it nearly disappears on the backside. Plus designs like this that are almost all tatami fill, are softer because they are a lot less dense.