This cottage has many details, hence all the thread changes. But it is worth it!
I originally sewed this one onto gray wool, with the cottage a cream polar fleece.
All cottages were hooped with a layer of cotton quilting fleece on the backside, plus one layer of medium weight soft tear away stabilizer.
The cottage on the blue polar fleece was sewn with a top layer of Badgemaster. It’s not shown in the picture because I washed it out.
The cottage with the tree is included, PLUS a full size free standing tree.
- Background fabric of choice
- Applique fabric for: The stone chimney and steps; the house and dormers; the roof; the grass up against the front of the house; and the sign. Take note that the stitching will show up better on solid or almost solid fabrics.
- Cotton quilt batting
- Medium weight soft tear away stabilizer
- Topdressing of Badgemaster – if sewing onto fleece or any knit fabric
- Size 12 Topstitch needle for fabrics other than knits
- Size 11 Ball point needle if sewing onto knit fabric
- Size 80 or 100 weight bobbin thread – I use Wonderfil polyester bobbin threads
- Thread colors of choice.