This is the pink cottage with the blue door. It is cotton and sewn onto cotton fabric.
This cottage has many details, hence all the thread changes. But it is worth it!
All cottages were hooped with a layer of cotton quilting fleece on the backside, plus one layer of medium weight soft tear away stabilizer.
Includes the cottage PLUS a full size free standing tree scaled to fit this cottage
- Background fabric of choice
- Applique fabric for: The stone chimney and steps; the house and dormers; the roof; the grass up against the front of the house; and the sign. Take note that the stitching will show up better on solid or almost solid fabrics.
- Cotton quilt batting
- Medium weight soft tear away stabilizer
- Topdressing of Badgemaster – if sewing onto fleece or any knit fabric
- Size 12 Topstitch needle for fabrics other than knits
- Size 11 Ball point needle if sewing onto knit fabric
- Size 80 or 100 weight bobbin thread – I use Wonderfil polyester bobbin threads
- Thread colors of choice.