I made this for everyone who has lost a loved one. You know who you are. You know what this means. I hope this design brings comfort to you or a friend who may benefit from your making it for them.
Thank you Dee Froula for the sentiment and for sewing the largest design and with precision.
These designs are available in 4 sizes
- The 8 x 8 inch design is sewn all in a single 8 x 8 inch hoop
- The 5 x 7, 6×10, and 7 x 11 designs are divided into left and right wings sewn into 2 rectangles.
- The rectangles are sewn together much like two quilt blocks.
- It is then hooped and the heart is added
The heart is an optional Applique. I added this so it would cover the center seam between the two wings. This would keep the lettering from sewing directly across a seam or seam allowance.
- Finished 5 x 7 design is 182 x 173 mm ( 7.5 x 7 inches)
- Finished 8 x 8 design is 200 x 100 mm (8 x 8 inches)
- Finished 6×10 Design is 253×264 (10 x 10 inches)
- Finished 7 x 11 Design is 324 x 280 (13 x 11 inches)
- 100% Cotton Fabric for the background
- (Optional) 1 small piece of fabric for the heart applique
- 5×5 inches for the large heart
- 4×4 inches for the small heart
- 1 layer Pellon ShirTailor fusible stabilizer fused to the backside of the fabric
- Soft tear away stabilizer
- Optional: Quilter’s Dream Fusible stabilizer
- Madeira Polyneon #40 embroidery threads in the top for all projects
- Size12 topstitch needle for all projects
- Wonderfil #80 prewound bobbin for all the projects *
- * Wonderfil bobbin threads are fine weight.. For this reason using them makes designs much less dense. With a lower top tension it nearly disappears on the backside.