I stumbled across this beautiful artwork and immediately said, ‘Pam’!
Pam is a friend of mine who has red hair and a peaches and cream complexion. Also her favorite color is black.
I asked another friend who knows both of us what saying I should add to it. She immediately said “Flaunt your Sass!” and it stuck. Thank you Mari for that perfect description to this sassy picture.
But don’t let that description fool you. Our Pam has one of the sweetest most beautiful hearts you could know.
It has been great fun digitizing this design with the flouncy hair and darling face. Although it uses few thread colors, it has a lot of thread changes and they are necessary. Everything has to sew in a specific order from backwards to forward.
Her dress is an applique fabric that can be sewn using a wing needle to create the circles on the dress or without any of that stitching at all. The pink applique dress is one such example where I skipped the wing needle stitching. The white applique dress is one such dress where I used the wing needle and stitched the wing needle circles. It’s hard to see that because I used black thread. But it is there.
I want so much to put her on a tunic, but right now I have a new day bed to decorate and she will be part of that.
Also available in 5 inch wide sizes
Also, plan ahead, I have one more red head coming up. Her name is Dee.
Notions I used
- Madeira Polyneon threads black, dark gray, white, and dark taupe; colors Dark Auburn 1639, Medium Auburn 1779, and Light Auburn 1616 for her hair; Darkest Auburn 1638 for her lips; 1927 for her skin; 1656 for her skin shadows
- Pellon ShirTailor fusible interfacing
- Medium Weight Soft tear away stabilizer
- Pima Cotton Broadcloth in cream color
- Green Cotton/Linen blend
- Wing Needle size 100
- Wonderfil pre-wound bobbins in gray
- #12 Topstitch needle