My husband is an avid biker. I enjoy it in cooler weather but not a regular biker. We have always talked about getting a tandem bike. We learned in our biking together on separate bikes that we can’t hear each other talking, I can’t keep up with him, and he doesn’t get any exercise when biking with me.
So a couple years ago he bought us a tandem bike for our anniversary. We took it on its maiden voyage that weekend – when this photo was taken.
How do you like my handlebars? One of my complaints about todays bikes is they keep you leaning forward weight bearing on your wrists Our wrists were not made for weight bearing and is quite uncomfortable, at least to me. Hence my great big tall handlebars. Should I tell you about my seat? smiles
When I ran across this artwork I knew I had to make it. But even with all the flowers, Albert asked where are the kittens. Smiles.
This collection includes 3 messages:
- We Ride Together
- We Belong Together
- Love Is In The Air
The large 8×11 design contains all 3 messages arched and centered over the bike. Each one is a different thread color stop. Sew the message you want and simply skip the other two.
The messages are also included by themselves to add to the bike for smaller hoops.
- Background fabric for your project
- Pellon ShirTailor Fusible Stabilizer
- Medium Weight soft tear away stabilizer
- Optional: 1 layer fusible 80/20 quilt batting
- Wonderfil #80 pre-wound bobbins or #100 weight bobbin threads
- Size 12 Top Stitch Needle
- Embroidery Threads – I use Madeira Polyneon threads
- Off white
- Medium gray
- Silver gray (not metallic)
- Lighter silver gray (not metallic)
- Flowers, Baskets and Hearts
- Basket color
- Medium Pink
- Red or rose
- Brown for flower centers
- Dark green
- Medium green
- Colors of Choice – I matched the flower colors.