Trapunto has been around for eons. It is no less beautiful today as it was years ago. It took painstaking time and dexterity to make trapunto. Today with the invention of embroidery machines we can make trapunto in just a few minutes. Even better is the more recent quilt battings made for trapunto. No more trimming excess batting from outside the main design in a block. Just flatten out everything around it and it ‘poofs’. Voila’!
Available in 3 sizes – 4×4, 6×6, and 8×8
Buy 2 Get the 3rd one FREE
This is how it works – After you’ve added two of the three sizes of Poppies to your cart, click VIEW CART. Scroll down to select the other size Poppy as a free gift.
Offer Ends Midnight Tuesday July 9, 2019 DST (Houston, Texas, USA)
These designs include two types of trapunto designs.
- First – Trapunto designs with intense stitching. These are actually 3 shades of a color, but I sewed mine in all one color thread – Pink
- Second – Trapunto designs with less intense stitching and sewn in just one color. Shown in Green
Either one makes beautiful quilt blocks for you to enjoy.
- Background fabric – light weight fabric works best
- Thick polyester or wool quilt batting
- Machine embroidery thread for the top – I use Madeira #40 weight polyneon that matches the fabric
- Wonderfil #80 weight pre-wound bobbins or their #100 weight cones for the bobbin
- 1 layer medium weight soft tear away stabilizer
- Size 10 or 12 topstitch needle
YES! I WANT MY TRAPUNTO POPPIES 4X4
YES! I WANT MY TRAPUNTO POPPIES 6X6
YES! I WANT MY TRAPUNTO POPPIES 8X8